Press Release Khimia 2019
22nd Edition of the International Exhibition for Chemical Industry and Science
Khimia 2019 covers all sectors of the chemical industry and brings together representatives of business, industry, science and authorities from all over the world. Khimia is Russia’s largest chemical trade show with over 50 years of history. Over all these years, it has retained its prestige and importance for the chemical community and all sectors of economy which depend on the chemical technology, materials and products.
Official opening ceremony: September 16, 2019, 12.00, Gallery between Pavilions No.2 and No.8
Dates: September 16–19, 2019
Hours: from 10.00 to 18.00 on September 16–18; from 10.00 to 16.00 on September 19
Venue: Pavilion No.2 (Halls 1, 2, 3), Pavilion No.8 (Hall 1), Expocentre Fairgrounds, Moscow, Russia
Organised by Expocentre AO
Supported by the Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade, the Russian Chemists Union, NIITEKHIM OAO, the Chimvest Scientific and Technical Centre, the Mendeleev Russian Chemical Society, the Chemistry Department of Lomonosov Moscow State University, the Mendeleev University of Chemical Technology of Russia
Under auspices of the Russian Chamber of Commerce
Exhibition area: 6,700 sq m
Exhibitors: 375 companies
Foreign exhibitors: Arkema, Asos, Azo, Andritz, Hosokawa, IKA, EIRICH, Luxi Chemical Group, Shimadzu, Swema, Siebtechnik, Solex, Solvey, VMA-Getzmann, Belneftekhim Concern, Kazphosphate, KazAzot, Progress, etc. Newcomer: Persian Gulf Petrochemical Industry Commercial Co. (PGPICC, Iran)
Russian exhibitors (200 companies): Aliaxis, Alliance Energy, Analit Products, BSK, ETS, Sverdlov Plant, Zavod Sintanolov, Sulzer Pumps, KuibyshevAzot, Melytec, Millab, Neftekhimmash Red October, NZHS, Norion, Okachim, Plastmass Group, Prime Chemicals Group, Ruskhimset, Reatex, Reatorg, Roskhimreactiv, Tecsa, UralChem, Uralkali, Phosagro, Chempack, Ecroskhim, etc.
Countries: 23 (Austria, Belarus, Canada, China, Finland, France, Germany, India, Iran, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, South Korea, Latvia, the Netherlands, Russia, Serbia, Singapore, Switzerland, Turkey, the UK, Ukraine, the USA)
International pavilions: Belarus, China, Germany, Kazakhstan
Types of products on display:
- Chemmash. Pumps – Chemical engineering and pumps
- Chem-Lab-Analyt – Analytical equipment, instruments, furniture and glassware
- Petrochemical Industry – chemical and petrochemical raw materials
- Plastics Industry Show – Raw materials and equipment for production and processing of polymers and plastics
- Green Chemistry – Materials, technology and equipment for environmentally clean chemical processing, biotechnology, water treatment, chemical safety
- CORRUS – Protection against corrosion
- Engineering, automation, software, IT
- StartUp Chemzone – a zone for small innovative enterprises
- Personnel of the Chemistry Department of the Lomonosov Moscow State University, the Mendeleev University of Chemical Technology of Russia and the Gubkin Russian State University of Oil and Gas will give tours around stands of Russian and foreign companies, research institutes, and national pavilions. The tour topics include Russian Chemical Science and Innovations, Chemical Products: Familiar Unknown, and Global Chemical Industry.
- The new Area of VR/AR for Chemical Industry. VR and AR technologies help to provide effective training for staff of chemical enterprises, familiarise them with equipment, teach the correct course of action in regular and emergency situations, and increase efficiency and safety of chemical production. Russian developers CROC, VR Concept and Modum Lab will show their industrial VR/AR solutions. The showcase will feature the latest products for the VR/AR market such as the Teslasuit AR/VR suit and and TAU Tracker gloves, which allow making the work in the virtual space as close as possible to the work in real conditions.
- Startup ChemZone gives small innovative companies, residents of technology parks and young entrepreneur centres in Russian colleges and universities an opportunity to generate more clients and partners, find new funding sources and get feedback from professionals of their targeted industry sectors.
- The Employment Centre will help to find qualitied personnel and show interesting job offers. It can also help to arrange job interviews.
- The key event of Khimia 2019 is the 7th Moscow International Chemical Forum, organised by the Russian Chemists Union in association with the Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade, the Chimvest Scientific and Technical Centre and EXPOCENTRE AO. Its plenary session is devoted to innovation, investments and ecology in the chemical industry. The forum will feature the award ceremony of the Five Stars. Chemical Industry Leaders awards.
- This year Khimia launches events on new topics: the Panel on VR/AR in Industrial Production: Technology and Management and the two-day Conference on VR/AR Technologies for the Chemical Industry. One more new event is a session on venture investments in the high-tech chemistry.
- Other important events of Khimia 2019 are events devoted to digitalisation of chemical enterprises. Production managers, head engineers and technologists, directors of digital transformation and heads of IT departments of chemical enterprises will talk about new digital technologies and how to use them to increase efficiency of chemical production management and make it more flexible, economically efficient and safe.
- As usual the education in the chemical industry will be an important topic covered by several event, i.e. the panel on mentors in the chemical industry and the foresight session for young professionals ‘Leaders and Professionals of the Future’.
- The CORRUSCHEM Conference on Modern Corrosion Prevention Technologies in the Chemical and Petrochemical Industries
- The special attention will be paid to ecology and environmental management and implementation of best available technologies.
This year’s green chemistry workshop is for the first time supported by the Fund for Infrastructure and Educational Programs, which was founded during the reorganisation of the Russian Corporation of Nanotechnologies. One of the aims of the event is to promote commercialisation of advanced Russian developments and draw attention of the real sector of economy to achievements of academic and university science in the field of green chemistry.
- The participants will also show their accomplishments and new solutions in workshops and master classes in a separate Presentation Area (Pavilion No.2, Hall 3).
You can learn more about these and other supporting events here>>.
A special edition of Rossiyskaya Gazeta devoted to Khimia and the Russian chemical industry and market will be distributed during the exhibition.
Press Service, Expocentre AO